Curriculum and Handbook
- HIKI NŌ Curriculum Alignment Document
- HIKI NŌ High School Curriculum PDF Version
- HIKI NŌ Middle School Curriculum PDF Version
- HIKI NŌ Handbook
Pitch Sheets & Sample Script
- HIKI NŌ STORY PITCH SHEET
- HIKI NŌ PROFILE PITCH SHEET
- HIKI NŌ HOW-TO PITCH SHEET
- HIKI NŌ STUDENT REFLECTION PITCH SHEET
- SCRIPT TEMPLATE AND SAMPLE SCRIPT
Your last step is to complete the credits form for your story or how-to and select a still photo of your crew to run with the credits.
- HIKI NŌ SUPERS & CREDITS LIST FOR A STORY
- HIKI NŌ CREDITS LIST FOR A HOW-TO
- HIKI NŌ CREDITS FORM FOR HOME BASE SCHOOL
- HIKI NŌ CREDITS FORM FOR HOST SEGMENT
HIKI NŌ Tutorials
FRAMING AN INTERVIEW (2:44)
This tutorial covers the “do’s and don’ts” of framing an interview subject.
PROPER AUDIO LEVELS (1:26)
A basic understanding of proper audio levels and the difference between analog and digital levels.
AUDIO NOISE (3:35)
Do you think you can determine what noise is in your audio? Find out.
STORY PREMISE (4:23)
Discover how a ‘story premise’ can help you in shaping your personal profile story.
5-POINT OUTLINE (4:48)
Find out how creating a 5-Point Story Outline can help make a successful HIKI NŌ story.
SHOOTING A SEQUENCE (9:32)
Learn how to best shoot and utilize a video b-roll sequence in your story.
This tutorial explains how to better pace your edits to achieve the proper mood and emotion for your story.
STANDARD OUTCUE (2:27)
Learn what a HIKI NŌ Standard Outcue is and why it’s important.
PAD TUTORIAL (2:24)
How to add the required padding to the front and back of your video.
THE ART OF VISUAL STORYTELLING
Resources for the The Art of Visual Storytelling series